Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hola, Spain.


The 5 days in Spain went by really fast. We spent a lot of time hanging out at Carol's new home in the suburb of Madrid, Los Lomas. We relaxed in their park like backyard, swam in their swimming pool and feasted on the excellent Brazilian cooking of Nielsa. Every meal was a treat.

Kieran and I spent an afternoon visiting old town Madrid and seeing the Palacio de Oriente (Royal Palace of Madrid). We also spent another day with Pau Pau and Liam visiting Segovia, a beautiful town famous for its ancient (2000 yrs) aqueduct.


We also experienced the medical system at Madrid. Ella got sick for the very first time with 102 degree fever. Chiara also had a very bad cough. Carol and I took the babies to see the local doctor. I only had to show my passport and paid 35 euros for the doctor visit. Carol, being a resident, paid nothing. Michael Moore was right, universal healthcare is the way to go.

We have photos.