Domesticated Saturday
Liam and I had a domesticated Saturday, first making waffles and the world's best scrambled eggs, very different to the scrambled eggs I have been eating for years.
We've been saying for about 15 years now that we really should do something with all the loquat we get off our two trees every May. Today we did it and made two batches of Loquat jam; I'd forgotten how much sugar goes into jam! Tastes good though.



And just so I remember for next year 6 cups of seeded fruit, 1 low sugar pectin box, 4.5 cups of sugar. Cook fruit in about a cup of water for 15 mins, add pectin and bring to rolling boil + 1 min, add sugar bring to rolling boil + 1 min.
We've been saying for about 15 years now that we really should do something with all the loquat we get off our two trees every May. Today we did it and made two batches of Loquat jam; I'd forgotten how much sugar goes into jam! Tastes good though.



And just so I remember for next year 6 cups of seeded fruit, 1 low sugar pectin box, 4.5 cups of sugar. Cook fruit in about a cup of water for 15 mins, add pectin and bring to rolling boil + 1 min, add sugar bring to rolling boil + 1 min.

<< Home