Ouch!
Hopefully I got my owiee out of the way for year today. So there I was, just riding along at the front of a small group and my rear wheel flies off. I land straight on my chin, my wheel flies 15 feet in the air, just missing the head of a teammate and goes down an embankment. I try calling Cynthia for a ride home but it turns out her phone was on vibrate in her purse, so I head off to the pharmacy to get some bandages, and I trek the 90 minutes back home my head swaddled in gauze.

I headed over to the Urgent Care and an hour or so later I'm patched up with 9 stitches in my chin. They're right under the bone line so the scar, if any, probably won't be very visible.

Cinch down those quick release skewers and check 'em before every ride!
More photos, including some yucky ones.

I headed over to the Urgent Care and an hour or so later I'm patched up with 9 stitches in my chin. They're right under the bone line so the scar, if any, probably won't be very visible.

Cinch down those quick release skewers and check 'em before every ride!
More photos, including some yucky ones.

<< Home