Getting ready for baby
I started maternity leave on Monday to get rested and spend some quality time with Liam. Everyday I swim and take a nap, everything else is pretty free format. Most of the time we have kids over for playdates. On Monday, Liam had his 8th year checkup with Dr Hwang. He appears to be very healthy and is in the 97th percentile of hieght and weight. On Tuesday, Liam went with me to see my OB. The doctor suggested that we induce before the due date sometime between the 16th and 26th. I can see myself debating between drugs or no drugs until the day comes. After the doctor appointment we went to the Music in the Park concert in Bol Park. I suggested it because it was something I used to do with Liam when he was a baby, it turned out the performer (Vienna Teng) is one of Calvin's favorite singers. She has an interesting bio. Stanford Computer Science graduate, and a software engineer in Cisco turned professional singer. It created a bit of excitement. We had a good time and a nice picnic.
My sleep continues to be interrupted at night, waking every hour. This is something I definitely don't remember when I had Liam. The bowling ball is also getting heavier. When I complaint to the doctor, he just smiled and said "You didn't have to go through this the last time." I guess having Liam 4 weeks early was a good thing.
Kieran also started nesting last week, moving the baby stuff in the house from the garage and setting them up. Yesterday he started securing the changing pad to the Chinese chest in the bedroom and hanging up pictures.
Now the baby clothes are washed and basinet is all set, we just need Ella to arrive.


My sleep continues to be interrupted at night, waking every hour. This is something I definitely don't remember when I had Liam. The bowling ball is also getting heavier. When I complaint to the doctor, he just smiled and said "You didn't have to go through this the last time." I guess having Liam 4 weeks early was a good thing.
Kieran also started nesting last week, moving the baby stuff in the house from the garage and setting them up. Yesterday he started securing the changing pad to the Chinese chest in the bedroom and hanging up pictures.
Now the baby clothes are washed and basinet is all set, we just need Ella to arrive.



<< Home