Road Trip
Last weekend we headed up to the Sierra Valley, just north of Lake Tahoe, for the District / State Time Trial championship. We left Saturday morning and drove to Sacramento where we went to the Train Museum. We spent the night in Auburn (the last town before heading up to altitude) and then woke up early Sunday morning to drive the 90 mins to the race start at Sattley (population 60).
The race was hard in large part due to nasty gusty winds; I managed to finish 4th in my age group which I am pretty hard with, though it leaves room for improvement for next year!
After the race we took the scenic route home, driving down through the mountains on Highway 49. We stopped for lunch in the nice little town of Nevada City, before visiting Empire Mill State Park which was the largest gold mine in California. Finally on the way home we stopped in Walnut Creek and ate Japanese at Sushi Groove (have to say that my Udon was not very good though).
I think we all enjoyed being out of town for the weekend, even if it was centered around me, me, me!
A bunch more photos here.

The race was hard in large part due to nasty gusty winds; I managed to finish 4th in my age group which I am pretty hard with, though it leaves room for improvement for next year!
After the race we took the scenic route home, driving down through the mountains on Highway 49. We stopped for lunch in the nice little town of Nevada City, before visiting Empire Mill State Park which was the largest gold mine in California. Finally on the way home we stopped in Walnut Creek and ate Japanese at Sushi Groove (have to say that my Udon was not very good though).
I think we all enjoyed being out of town for the weekend, even if it was centered around me, me, me!
A bunch more photos here.


<< Home