Shattered Illusions
So we bought a new Mac laptop back at Christmas time. It is what we use at the kitchen counter for iTunes, reading email, etc. It works been working great, until, it did an Operating System / Security Update on Friday night. Since then its been mostly working, except there are some websites, like google and gmail, that we can't get to any more (though yahoo works fine!). So today I ended up re-installing the operating system :-(, though I have to say that the reinstall was very user friendly!
Techie Details... Could get to www.yahoo.com, could ping it, could traceroute to it. Couldn't get to www.google.com, couldn't ping it, could traceroute about 5 hops in, but then it would stop dead. That was using the wireless; using the wired networking it worked fine! Very Weird. .... Aha, I re-installed the 10.4.10 OS Update on my clean system and it broke again. Maybe a bad interaction with my Netgear access point?
Techie Details... Could get to www.yahoo.com, could ping it, could traceroute to it. Couldn't get to www.google.com, couldn't ping it, could traceroute about 5 hops in, but then it would stop dead. That was using the wireless; using the wired networking it worked fine! Very Weird. .... Aha, I re-installed the 10.4.10 OS Update on my clean system and it broke again. Maybe a bad interaction with my Netgear access point?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home