Memorial Ride
A couple of weeks ago a teammate of mine, John Peckham, was killed by a drunk, speeding driver on a quiet little road that I ride all the time. Today the club hosted a memorial ride that was attended by, I would guess, 600 or 700 riders. We rode to the spot where he was killed and each laid carnations and spread wild flower seeds, before continuing on for a 30 mile ride.
It has been a hard couple of weeks, but I think that many of us found the ride cathartic and can move on. I'll always remember John as I ride past that spot and ask him to look after me.
These photos and more are here.

It has been a hard couple of weeks, but I think that many of us found the ride cathartic and can move on. I'll always remember John as I ride past that spot and ask him to look after me.
These photos and more are here.


<< Home