Sunday, September 17, 2006

End of the season

My first full bike racing season came to an end on Saturday with my 4th win. This was another hill climb, the Mt Tam this time. This was my third time at this race so it was great to finally get the win (in my age group and category) and to do it comfortably - knowing that the win was mine for the last 4 miles of the race.

Now to the off-season. I started today by not riding at all, and eating more than my fair shape of chips/crisps as we picnic'ed on the beach this afternoon. I'll see how many days I can resist riding the bike!

Here is a photo of a skinny guy riding up the hill and my full race report.

Update: I applied for a Category 4 to Category 3 upgrade in my racing license, and it was granted, so I am now a Cat 3 and I get to race against all the old guys who used to be pros; that will keep me motivated over the winter months!