That's Bike Racing
I was racing again this morning. It was a 50 mile race with lots of climbing. There we are, 48.5 miles done, about 20 of us left at the front about to make the turn into the finishing hill... when I see two guys to the front and left of me bump into each other, and one goes down. Ut-oh. Then a team-mate rides into him and goes down right in front of me. Double ut-oh. So I end up riding into the backside of my teammate, going over the bars, and (yay!) landing on top of the first guy. I survived with a couple of very minor scratches and no broken bones!
After standing around for a few minutes making sure that everyone was ok, I headed up the hill to the finish.
Oh well. It's kind of disappointing to ride to the last corner of the race, being right there where I needed to be and have it end like this. But its kind of nice to have at last come off the bike and not broken the collarbone!
Hope Ryan has better luck in his race, back in Ireland, tomorrow.
You can see a photo here (ronaldmariano.com).
After standing around for a few minutes making sure that everyone was ok, I headed up the hill to the finish.
Oh well. It's kind of disappointing to ride to the last corner of the race, being right there where I needed to be and have it end like this. But its kind of nice to have at last come off the bike and not broken the collarbone!
Hope Ryan has better luck in his race, back in Ireland, tomorrow.
You can see a photo here (ronaldmariano.com).

<< Home