Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cat 4

I'm officially no longer a beginner. In bike racing there are various categories, Cat 5 through Cat 1 and Pro. All beginners are relegated to Category 5 until they have done 10 races. This weekend and last I have ridden over to Fremont to do the Early Bird Criteriums in order to get enough races so that when the real season begins I can start racing in the next category up.

Criteriums are not my thing. Generally flat, with lots of corners and short. These races were 45 minutes and ended up in a bunch sprint that I sat at the back of.

During the race I was joking with some of the mentors that this was the last Crit that I would ever do. Funny thing is that I'm tempted to go again next week! Its close and I can practice cornering at race speed.