Saturday, June 18, 2005

Liam's first sleepover. NOT!!

We're visiting my parents down in West Covina. Liam was very keen on spending time with his cousins so we went to see my sister Christine after breakfast. Derek and Liam were very happy to see each other. It was interesting to see because they only see each other 3 or 4 times a year. The only way I can explain the closeness between Liam and his cousins is probably because there is a biological bond for blood relatives. We had a very Chinese lunch, Chinese sausages and fried eggs. Then I got really tired and felt asleep on the couch. The last week was a tough week, wrapping up work at Securify and organizing the Teacher Appreciation Event. The boys played nonstop until dinner. We met 4th uncle and aunt at Maxim for a simple Father's Day dinner. Derek asked if Liam could sleep over and Liam got really excited about it. There is a small chance that they'll have to call me at the middle of the night to pick Liam up but I figure he is ready to give it a go.

Well, I was wrong!

I called Christine to make arrangement to meet tomorrow and found out Liam had a change of heart soon after they started the car. He said he now wanted to go home. When Rick told him that it would be fun to go to their house and they'll watch a movie and eat popcorn, Liam said "I have a plan. I'll go to your house, watch the movie and eat the popcorn. Then I'll go back to Gung Gung's house. It's a good plan." I figured it was probably better to pick him up at 9:30pm than to pick him up at 3am if he wakes up in the middle of the night wanting me there.