108
Cynthia and Liam flew down to L.A. for the weekend, so I was left with a Saturday to myself. Never having ridden 100 miles, I decided to do the Mount Hamilton to Livermore loop. 108 miles, 8500 feet of climbing. There was a 60 mile stretch where there was not a single traffic light or stop sign, and barely any people or traffic.
The Lick Observatory at the top of Mount Hamilton was open (a sign asked cyclist's to take off their cleated shoes!) so I went in and had a look around. They have a cool 36" telescope in a huge dome that still looks like something from the 40's.
I was taking it easy on the ride (a bit over 6 hours) but still got pretty tired by the end.
The Lick Observatory at the top of Mount Hamilton was open (a sign asked cyclist's to take off their cleated shoes!) so I went in and had a look around. They have a cool 36" telescope in a huge dome that still looks like something from the 40's.
I was taking it easy on the ride (a bit over 6 hours) but still got pretty tired by the end.

<< Home