Monday, July 11, 2005

The Rock


Amanda and I headed for San Francisco on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I'm sure I didn't take the most efficient route not gotten in the cheapest parking (Kieran would've done better) but we got to Pier 41 in time to pick up our tickets to Alcatraz. I went to Alcatraz with Kieran over 10 years ago and remember that it was very interesting. Amanda bought us yummy Lindt chocolates before boarding so we could stuff ourselves silly on the boat. The boat ride was short and pleasant.

Arriving on the island, we headed up the hill to the prison. We took the audio tour which was excellent. We got lost at times but just stopped the tape until we reoriented ourselves. The interesting parts for me was the escape of the 3 convicts and the dining room. Supposedly the inmates were very well fed.

After Alcatraz, we went to Chinatown for dinner. I didn't know where to go so I just grabbed the first person I saw and asked for suggestions. He pointed us to Chung King Seafood (606 Jackson Street) for cheap and good Chinese foods. It turned out the foods were quite good and they were indeed inexpensive. To further validate the recommendation, Areal's husband showed up with his brother and family shortly after we sat down (there was a 20 min wait). Danny told us that this is one of his favorite restaurants. Well, that's good enough for me.

Click here for photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home