Sunday, September 25, 2005

Remodel: Decisions Decisions


I took Christopher and Liam to visit the house and to gather my thoughts about the new decisions we have to make.

The decisions are getting tough, things I didn't think I would need to deal with just surfaced up. The fireplace was demolished due to structure reason and now we'll have to decide on the new fireplace design because the new fireplace is a lot smaller. Our designer is also urging us to change the wall color downstairs (I was going to keep it the same originally).

For the inside colors, I'm going toward a neutral tone, probably a taupe color. Our neighbor Marina got a designer to help them with their selection and came up with a quite an interesting mix. Here is their living with light yellow wall and a light salmon celing. What's on the celing becomes the wall color of the next room. Very interesting transition.

For the outside colors, we're likely to go with our neighors Richard's colors. His colors are also used by Mr Pei for his house.